- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 6 whole wheat burger buns split
- 4 ounces spinach
- Divide ground chicken evenly into 6 patties. In a small bowl, smash avocado with salt and set aside.
- In another small bowl, place mayonnaise then stir in lime juice and zest and set aside. Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is golden, about 8 minutes. Remove onion mixture from skillet and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook chicken patties for 6 minutes per side.
- Place a chicken patty on the bottom half of each burger bun then top with a tomato slice, some avocado, onion/bell pepper mixture, lime mayonnaise and spinach leaves then the top half of the burger bun. Serve and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with a little mayo and rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Use a non-dairy mayo. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayo is gluten free. Use gluten free burger buns. NUTRITION: Per serving: 464 Calories; 15g Fat; 43g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!