Balsamic-Glazed Chicken with Sautéed Mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme chopped, optional
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (vinegar through garlic).
- Pour mixture over chicken then seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. At the time of cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a foil-lined roasting pan and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- While chicken is cooking, add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with a little black pepper and the thyme.
- Sauté until golden. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and stir-fried sliced zucchini and yellow squash tossed with Italian seasoning. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 240 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 584mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!