Bacon Balsamic Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 6 slices black pepper bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook, cool and crumble bacon.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly.
- Form mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs. Grill meatballs for 3 to 5 minutes, rotating fairly often, until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed kale. NUTRITION: per serving: 729 Calories; 60g Fat; 38g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 824mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 9 Fat. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!