Asian Stir-Fry Steak
- 2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced against the grain (diagonally)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion sliced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak slices overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steak slices in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except coconut oil. Blend well then pour mixture over steak slices.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add contents of bag.
- Stir-fry for 10 to 15 minutes or until steak slices are cooked to desired level of doneness and veggies are tender-crisp. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process rice in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add blanched snow peas tossed with toasted sesame oil, salt, and pepper. NUTRITION: per serving: 441 Calories; 24g Fat; 45g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 1249mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!