Apple Harvest Chicken Kabobs
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 large Gala apples each cut into eighths
- 1 large red onion cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash chunks
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, seasonings (salt through cinnamon) and vinegar until thoroughly combined.
- Alternately thread chicken, apples, onion and squash onto skewers. Drizzle with ghee (or coconut oil) then grill kabobs for 5 to 7 minutes on all 4 sides until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 237 Calories; 8g Fat; 21g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 531mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!