Zesty Pineapple and Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Place shrimp in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until opaque; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add next 8 ingredients (pineapple through black pepper; toss to combine. Serve in lettuce leaves.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 245 Calories; 10g Fat; 25g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 225mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!