White Wine Dijon Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied, 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Aluminum foil
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. In a small bowl, whisk together wine, mustard and soy sauce; pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Serve chicken with onion sauce on top and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth), mustard and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 272 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 506mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!