Tomato and Basil Lamb
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes roughly chopped (snip with scissors while still in the can)
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (salt through oregano); rub mixture into lamb then place it in a large slow cooker; add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted sliced sweet potatoes, beets and large Brussels sprouts (halved lengthwise). NUTRITION: per serving: 532 Calories; 39g Fat; 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 1068mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!