Thyme for Prime Rib
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds beef prime rib roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except roast.
- Place prime rib in a roasting pan and rub it intensely with garlic Dijon mixture.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 145 to 160 degrees (depending on desired level of doneness).
- Allow roast to sit for about 20 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 527 Calories; 43g Fat; 29g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 820mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!