Tex Mex Spinach and Beef Casserole
- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup grated low fat Cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (ground beef through tomato sauce); blend well. Stir in beaten egg, half of the Cheddar cheese, the onion, and the bell pepper.
- Place mixture in a lightly-oiled baking dish and top with remaining half of the Cheddar cheese; bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and substitute soy cheese for Cheddar. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and tomato sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 343 Calories; 6g Fat; 20g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 662mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!