Tarragon Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 24 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or use more wild rice
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare rice(s) according to package directions. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour or on HIGH for 30 minutes to 1 hour OR until mixture is heated through and mushrooms are done. Serve and enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 174 Calories; 1g Fat; 13g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 667mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!