Tango Mango Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice in time for dinner. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken evenly with garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; add to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Pour broth and salsa over the top then add chopped onion, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in chopped mango.
- Cover and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Stir again then serve over hot rice topped with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side; add some warm corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 362 Calories; 8g Fat; 46g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 796mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!