Sweet Potato Chicken Gumbo
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened pureed sweet potato
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 link kielbasa sausage chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped okra
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste, as tolerated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together broth and sweet potato.
- Pour mixture into a large slow cooker then add remaining ingredients (chicken through cinnamon); stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring every few hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork); add braised collard greens on the side. NUTRITION: 175 Calories; 3g Fat (13.6% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 655mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!