Sweet Cherry Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup Bing cherries pitted, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chops in a lightly-oiled baking dish and toss with garlic, allspice, salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine next 6 ingredients (broth through vinegar); bring mixture to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat and pour over pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until chops are cooked through. Serve cherry/onion sauce over chops and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 281 Calories; 8g Fat; 36g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 880mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!