Sweet and Spicy Ginger Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch cutlets
- 1 cup sliced onion
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork overnight or for 2 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 8 ingredients (broth through vinegar).
- Add pork cutlets, seal bag and squish it around to coat the cutlets well. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer cutlets to a lightly-oiled baking dish along with about half of the marinade (discarding the remainder and the bag).
- Top mixture with sliced onion and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and white button mushrooms. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 214 Calories; 4g Fat; 28g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 631mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Other Carbohydrate. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!