Sweet and Sour Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate salmon overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Place salmon fillets in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (coco-aminos through black pepper); pour over salmon, seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fillets from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to the hot skillet; sear for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Whisk reserved marinade into the skillet; bring a low boil for 3 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; serve over salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 308 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 924mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I TRIED THIS WITH TUNA STEAKS AS WELL AND LIKED IT BETTER. BOTH ARE RECIPES I WILL REPEAT