Spring Spiced Stew
- 3 pounds beef stew meat cubed
- 1 medium red onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 14.5-oz.can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring twice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions). NUTRITION: per serving: 682 Calories; 30g Fat; 80g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 187mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium. Exchanges: 11 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!