Spicy Tomato Mussels
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 pounds mussels cleaned
- In a large crock cooker, place all ingredients except mussels. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Add mussels then raise crock cooker heat control to HIGH. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until mussels have opened.
- Serve in bowls.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.. NUTRITION: per serving: 373 Calories; 8g Fat; 46g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 1169mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!