Spicy Smoky Beef Skewers
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef cubes overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (chili powder through black pepper). Rub mixture into all sides of beef cubes then place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour (but bring to room temperature before grilling). Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Alternately thread beef cubes, onion quarters and bell pepper squares onto skewers then mushrooms on the ends of the skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill kabobs over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once half-way through cooking time, until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve hot kabobs over fresh spinach and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid smoke is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 211 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 618mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!