Spicy Garlic Shrimp Salad with Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime zest divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 6 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced radishes
- olive oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (15 minutes in refrigerator and 15 minutes at room temperature - see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine seasonings (cayenne pepper through black pepper), 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of lime zest. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Remove shrimp from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Prepare salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno and remaining garlic and lime zest; set aside.
- Prepare salad: In a large bowl, toss together veggies (baby spinach through radishes); set aside. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread marinated shrimp onto skewers. Grill over indirect heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or just until pink and opaque (don’t overcook!).
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Add shrimp to salad and toss well. Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: You really don’t need to add anything to this complete meal. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic bread sticks. KOSHER: Substitute shrimp with boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 223 Calories; 9g Fat; 26g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 678mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!