Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken; blend well.
- Place drumsticks in a lightly-oiled slow cooker; pour tomato mixture over the top and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until drumsticks are fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 45 ounces of black beans and kidney beans (drained and rinsed or homemade), serving with a slotted spoon to drain excess sauce. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 337 Calories; 11g Fat; 26g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 859mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!