Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 5 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 5 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces low fat cheddar cheese shredded, optional
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (chili powder through black pepper); blend well then rub mixture into beef roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker and add next 8 ingredients (jalapeno through broth); stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Shred beef and blend well into slow cooker juices. Serve with shredded cheese on top, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with beef mixture (topped with shredded cheese, if desired). Add a big salad of Romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, and sliced avocado. SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill warmed whole wheat flour tortillas with beef mixture (topped with shredded cheese, if desired). Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, salsa, tomato sauce, and beans are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 402 Calories; 14g Fat; 48g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 145mg Cholesterol; 1696mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!