Slow Cooker Sage Chicken and Veggies
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup fennel bulb chopped
- 1 cup leeks chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except parsley; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken pulls apart easily with a fork and veggies are fork-tender. Give mixture a good stir and serve topped with parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 15 ounces each navy beans and garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed or homemade) and reduce cooking time to 1 to 2 hours. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 212 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 585mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!