Slow Cooker Philly Cheese steak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce optional
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese optional
- Place beef cubes in a lightly-oiled slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine next 10 ingredients (almond milk through red bell pepper); pour mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender and falling apart. Add sliced mushrooms then raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH; cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or just until mushrooms are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill lettuce leaves with meat mixture and cheese (if desired) and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, celery sticks, whole black olives and dill pickle slices. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve in hoagie rolls topped with the lettuce and cheese, if desired. KOSHER: Make sure beef is kosher and skip the cheese. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce (if using) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 328 Calories; 14g Fat; 44g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 145mg Cholesterol; 1238mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!