Slow Cooker Lemony Asparagus Chicken
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced, de-seeded
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 8-oz. package Angel Hair pasta
- 2 cups asparagus spears chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare Angel Hair pasta in time for dinner.
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients, except pasta and asparagus; stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the chopped asparagus half way through cooking time.
- Discard lemon slices from chicken mixture and, using a slotted spoon, serve over prepared pasta and asparagus. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of baby spinach, thinly sliced red onion and Granny Smith apple, tossed with poppy seed dressing. VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, use thickly sliced portabella mushrooms. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 328 Calories; 2g Fat; 38g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 656mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!