Slow Cooker Garlic Leek Lemon Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup leeks chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 15 ounces each navy beans and kidney beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 190 Calories; 2g Fat; 34g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 712mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!