Slow Cooker Fiesta Beef Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 6 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno de-seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salsa optional
- In a slow cooker, combine first 11 ingredients (beef strips through corn). Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until steak strips are fork-tender and veggies are done. In a large bowl, toss together next 5 ingredients (lettuce through jalapeno).
- Arrange mixture evenly on dinner plates. Using a slotted spoon, top salads with slow cooker mixture then drizzle with lime juice and your favorite salsa, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of grape tomatoes, celery and jicama sticks and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve warm, buttered corn tortillas on the side. KOSHER: Make sure beef is kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and salsa (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 383 Calories; 14g Fat; 47g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 679mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!