Slow Cooker Chili Lime Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except cilantro; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken pulls apart easily. Shred chicken with 2 forks and blend with slow cooker juices; add chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chicken in warm whole wheat tortillas or lettuce leaves, if desired. Add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with mushrooms and reduce cooking time to 1 to 2 hours. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, broth and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 393 Calories; 3g Fat; 43g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 474mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!