Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 21.75 ounces crushed tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 30 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup coarsely crushed baked tortilla chips
- Optional garnishes:
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except tortilla chips and optional garnishes; blend well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred; return to slow cooker and blend with juices.
- Serve soup in bowls topped with crushed tortilla chips and your choice of garnishes. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big salad and some warm corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with an additional 15 ounces of black beans plus 15 ounces of kidney beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Skip the dairy garnishes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, salsa, tomatoes, broth, beans, and tortilla chips are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 473 Calories; 8g Fat; 53g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1888mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!