Slow Cooker Cheesy Pork Verde
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 8-oz. jar salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces shredded low fat Pepper Jack cheese optional
- Lightly coat a slow cooker with olive oil.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine chili powder through garlic; seal the bag and shake well to combine. Add pork cubes, seal the bag and shake well to coat; place in slow cooker. Add jalapeno, onion, salsa verde and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork pulls apart easily with a fork. Remove tenderloin from slow cooker to a cutting board or plate; shred with 2 forks then return to slow cooker and blend with cooking juices.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Wrap pork mixture and shredded cheese (if using) in Romaine lettuce leaves; add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Wrap pork mixture and shredded cheese (if using) in warm tortillas; add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for pork and skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 382 Calories; 10g Fat; 61g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 845mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!