Slow Cooker Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 4 ounces water chestnuts rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Serrano pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 12 leaves Romaine lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- tomatoes chopped
- Mung bean sprouts
- peanuts chopped
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, except cilantro and lettuce leaves. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef strips are fork-tender. Stir in chopped cilantro. Using a slotted spoon, fill lettuce leaves with beef mixture, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Crunchy Bok Choy Slaw (toss chopped baby bok choy, sliced radishes and green onions with a dressing of rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, Dijon mustard, honey and salt to taste). Add sliced cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Proceed with slow cooker recipe, excluding beef strips and replacing beef broth with vegetable broth. Just before serving time, stir-fry non-breaded faux chicken patties until lightly browned and proceed with instructions for filling lettuce leaves. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 169 Calories; 6g Fat; 20g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 233mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!