Slow Cooker and Crispy Broiled Asian Beef
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a slow cooker, combine first 6 ingredients (beef cubes through garlic); blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours. Preheat oven broiler. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef cubes to a lightly-oiled METAL baking pan (NEVER use glassware when broiling!); broil for 8 to 10 minutes or just until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over chopped baby bok choy; add sautéed sliced mushrooms on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 422 Calories; 22g Fat; 53g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 950mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!