Slow Cooked Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients (chicken through salt and pepper) and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 467 Calories; 26g Fat (48.5% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 745mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!