Skillet Beef Curry
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add celery and carrots; cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add garlic and gingerroot; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. In a small bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (curry powder through broth); add mixture to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add beef strips to the pan; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Raise skillet heat to medium-high; cook and stir beef strips for 2 to 10 minutes or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and white button mushrooms. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby carrots on the side. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure curry powder and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 321 Calories; 16g Fat; 37g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 612mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!