Simply Seared Salmon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 skinless wild-caught salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (salt through chili powder); sprinkle mixture over both sides of fillets.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 262 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!