Shallot Soaking Lamp Chops
- 4 shallots
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 8 lamb chops
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except lamb; blend until smooth.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour wine mixture on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove lamb from marinade (reserving marinade). Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add lamb chops and sear for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to the skillet; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve sauce over lamb chops
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and rutabagas mashed with a little ghee (or coconut oil) and salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. NUTRITION: per serving: 676 Calories; 57g Fat; 32g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 591mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 9 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!