Scallops with Pancetta Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta chopped
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts shredded
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 large scallops
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir until crisp then place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; set aside.
- To the same skillet, add shallot and Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper then cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until Brussels sprouts start to become crisp.
- Pour the vinegar over the top and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove Brussels sprouts and shallot from the skillet and set aside with the cooked pancetta.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the scallops; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve over pancetta/Brussels sprouts mixture.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 215 Calories; 12g Fat (50.5% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 841mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!