Rosemary Roasted Lamb and Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 8 lamb chops halved
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place sweet potatoes, onion and halved lamb chops; toss with the melted ghee (or coconut oil) then sprinkle evenly with seasonings (salt through garlic powder). Pour the water over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours; remove foil then bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed baby Brussels sprouts on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 770 Calories; 58g Fat; 33g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 829mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 9 Fat. Points: 21
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!