Red Wine ‘n’ Cherry Chicken
- 1 cup cherries pitted, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken and ghee (or coconut oil); blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour cherry/wine mixture on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade). Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and sear for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to the skillet; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced. Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 341 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 856mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!