Red Snapper with Salsa
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced, only white and light green parts
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 small Serrano chili pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 6-oz. red snapper fillets or other firm-fleshed white fish
- In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (green onions through soy sauce) along with 1/4 cup of olive oil; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive over medium heat. Dip each fillet in flour/salt/pepper mixture then saute for 4 minutes per side or until golden.
- Serve fish with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free and use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 314 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 246mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!