Red Pepper Lamb Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 9 ingredients (lamb through vinegar) in a large bowl, using your very clean hands to blend thoroughly; transfer mixture to loaf pan that has been coated with the melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 641 Calories; 51g Fat; 37g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 195mg Cholesterol; 827mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!