Red Berry Chicken
- 1 large resealable bag
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste, as tolerated
- 1 large shallot peeled
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a blender or food processor, place remaining ingredients except coconut oil; blend until smooth then pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat chicken until fully saturated; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, add to skillet and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 266 Calories; 9g Fat (29.9% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 209mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!