Pot Roast Beef Burritos
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilis
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- Optional toppings:
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- Rub the roast evenly with garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper then place in a slow cooker; top with onion, bell pepper and diced green chilies then pour broth and salsa over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until roast is fork-tender. Pull beef apart and blend with slow cooker juices.
- Wrap beef mixture and your favorite toppings in the warm tortillas and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks and whole black olives. Add baked tortilla chips and guacamole on the side. VEGETARIAN: Substitute roast with 15 ounces each of black beans and kidney beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Use kosher beef; skip dairy garnishes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced green chilies, broth and salsa are gluten free. Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 337 Calories; 7g Fat; 31g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 826mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!