Pork Chops with Balsamic Fig Chutney
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped figs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for up to 1 hour (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (olive oil through black pepper). Pour mixture over pork chops then seal bag and gently massage marinade into pork chops). Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes then bring to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (figs through red onion). Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Remove pork chops from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and grill over direct heat for 7 to 10 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with fig chutney and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and a green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 277 Calories; 11g Fat; 31g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 534mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!