Pistachio Citrus Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied, 6-oz.
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 1 hour (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine next 7 ingredients (garlic through black pepper). Pour mixture over chicken then shake well and squish around to completely coat chicken. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Bring chicken and marinade to room temperature. Lightly oil the grill grate. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess (and discarding marinade and bag).
- Grill chicken over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Watch carefully to prevent burning!
- Top chicken with chopped pistachios and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, use non-breaded faux chicken patties and brown in a skillet instead of cooking on grill. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 255 Calories; 7g Fat; 42g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 425mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!