Pesto Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe) Prepare pesto: In a food processor or blender, pulse first 5 ingredients (basil through ghee) until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour pesto over the top; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Coat the grill quickly with coconut oil then remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and grill for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and portabella mushrooms; add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 254 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!