Peach Pork Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rub roast evenly with the oil, garlic, nutmeg salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (broth through onion); pour mixture into the bottom of a roasting pan. Place a rack in the pan and arrange roast on top (or you can do this without a rack – it’s up to you!).
- Cover with foil; bake for 1 hour then check every 10 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees. Remove roast from the oven, uncover, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with peach sauce over the top. Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Use a boneless skinless turkey breast instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 240 Calories; 9g Fat; 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 679mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!