Pasta Salad with White Beans
- 1 16-oz. package Fusilli pasta cooked as per package directions, OR Bow Tie
- 1 cup white beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped, Roma
- 1 small red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into long, thin slices
- 10 Kalamata olives OR black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions; drain then rinse under cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients (beans through parsley).
- Add cooked pasta and toss lightly.
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together next 4 ingredients (Dijon through garlic) then drizzle the olive oil in gradually at the end, until dressing has slightly thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrots and celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears, and sugar snap beans. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free pasta and make sure white beans, olives, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 471 Calories; 15g Fat; 13g Protein; 70g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!