Parmesan Crusted Flounder
- Olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 flounder fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish, 4-oz.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil. In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine next 5 ingredients (Parmesan through black pepper); seal bag and shake well to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together egg and milk. Dip each fillet in egg mixture then transfer to the zipper-topped plastic bag; seal and shake well to coat, shaking off excess; place on prepared baking dish.
- Repeat this process with remaining fillets. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar); add sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 219 Calories; 9g Fat; 32g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 124mg Cholesterol; 719mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!