Paprika Roasted Chicken
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 3-pound whole roasting chicken
- 1 medium onion peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and halved
- Aluminum foil
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (paprika, salt, and thyme). Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) and rub it into the surface and inside the cavity of the chicken*; sprinkle evenly with seasonings.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan then stuff the cavity with the onion and garlic. Cover lightly with foil and bake for 1 to 2 hours or until the leg moves easily in the socket and juices run clear, removing foil after 30 minutes.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: You’ll want to empty your chicken first if it came with a neck or giblets.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and rutabagas mashed with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. NUTRITION: per serving: 606 Calories; 46g Fat; 43g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 196mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 6 Fat. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!